By: Ifeanyi Okonkwo
The Plateau State Government, through the office of the Executive Chairman of the State Internal Revenue Service, has disclosed that a bill is already before the Plateau State House of Assembly to help harmonies the tax payment system in the state.
This disclosure was made to Businesses organizations and other stakeholders in the state during a round table meeting at the conference hall of Revenue House in Jos, the state capital.
Below are Taxes and Levies expected to be collected by the State Government:
1. Personal income tax in respect of
a. Pay-as-you earnb. Direct taxation (self-assessment)
2. Withholding tax (individuals only)
3. Capital gains tax (Individuals only)
4. Stamp duties on instrument executed by individuals
5. Pools betting and lotteries, gaming and casino taxes
6. Road taxes
7. Business premise registration In respect of urban and rural areas which includes registration fees and per annum renewals as fixed by each state.
8. Development levy (individuals only) not more that 100 per annum on all taxable individuals.
9. Naming of street registration fees in the state capital.
10. Right of Occupancy fees on lands in urban areas of the state.
11. Market taxes and levies where state finance is involved.
12. Land use charge, where applicable.
13. Hotel, Restaurant or Event Center, Consumption tax, where applicable.
14. Entertainment tax, where applicable.
15. Environmental (ecological) fee or levy.
16. Mining, Milling and Quarrying fee, where applicable.
17. Animal trade tax, where applicable.
18. Produce sales tax, where applicable.
19. Slaughter or Abattoir fees, where state finance is involved.
20. Infrastructure Maintenance charge or levy, where applicable.
21. Fire service charge.
22. Property tax, where applicable.
23. Economic development levy, where applicable.
24. Social service contribution levy, where applicable.
25. Signage’s and mobile advertisement, jointly collected by states and local governments